After the death of a retired government doctor due to swine flu here, the Rajasthan government’s Medical and Health Department has geared up to check the spread of the disease and issued alert in the State capital.Flu-like symptomsAll government dispensaries, satellite hospitals and other government health centres were asked to pay special attention to patients with swine flu-like symptoms. V.D. Bohra, who retired from Sawai Man Singh Government Hospital here, had visited Hyderabad and some other cities in the southern States, where he felt unwell. His condition deteriorated when he came back to Jaipur last week.Dr. Bohra was admitted to a private hospital, which sent his swab samples to Ahmedabad for swine flu test. After he tested positive, he suffered multiple organ failure and was declared dead on Wednesday.Medical and Health Minister Kali Charan Saraf has instructed doctors and para-medical staff to remain alert to the symptoms of swine flu among the patients of cough, cold, catarrh and high fever and immediately start their treatment.According to the official sources, the Minister asked the Chief Medical and Health Officers in all districts to ensure collection of samples, availability of medicines, referral to specialists and prompt services of intensive care units and isolation wards
Senior Shiv Sena leader Sanjay Raut on Wednesday claimed there was a “consensus” between the BJP and his party before the Maharashtra Assembly elections on sharing the chief minister’s post.Amid the stalemate continuing over government formation in the state, Mr. Raut told reporters here that no fresh proposal has been received from the BJP or sent to it.He claimed farmers and the working class want a Shiv Sena chief minister and have hopes and expectations from the Uddhav Thackeray-led party.To a question on when there would be a consensus on the chief minister’s post, the Rajya Sabha member said, “There was a consensus on the post before elections.”Ruling out any new proposal for government formation, Mr. Raut reiterated that the Shiv Sena expects implementation of what was decided and agreed upon before the elections.“Why waste time on new proposals. We want a discussion on what was agreed upon earlier. No new proposal has been received or sent,” he said.On the possibility of imposition of President’s rule in the state, Mr. Raut said, “We will not be responsible for it. Those conspiring to do this are insulting the people’s mandate.”He said wherever Uddhav Thackeray and his son Aaditya Thackeray, who won the state polls from Worli seat in Mumbai, were touring to review crop losses due to unseasonal rains, the farmers and working class were looking at the party with hopes and expectations.“All are eager to have chief minister from the Shiv Sena,” he said.Mr. Raut refused to respond to a question on whether the NCP has agreed to share the chief minister’s post. “We will talk about it,” he said.The Sharad Pawar-led NCP on Tuesday said a political alternative can be worked out in the state if the Shiv Sena declared that it had snapped ties with the BJP.Sources in the NCP said their party wants Arvind Sawant, the lone Shiv Sena minister in the Union government, to resign before going ahead further with the Sena.There has been no headway in government formation after results of the state polls were declared on October 24.The BJP, which won 105 seats, and the Shiv Sena, which bagged 56 seats, are locked in a bitter tussle over sharing of the chief minister’s post and ministerial portfolios in new government, even 13 days after the Assembly poll verdict handed them enough seats to cobble up a coalition government.They won 161 seats together in the 288-member House, much above the halfway mark of 145.Besides, the opposition NCP won 54 seats while the Congress got 44 seats.
In Damian Lillard’s milestone night, Blazers turn back Pelicans Google Philippines names new country director Trump tells impeachment jokes at annual turkey pardon event Private companies step in to help SEA Games hosting Bloomberg: US would benefit from more, not fewer, immigrants View comments SEA Games hosting troubles anger Duterte New York Knicks’ Emmanuel Mudiay (1) looks to pass as he is defended by San Antonio Spurs’ Dante Cunningham during the first half of an NBA basketball game Friday, March 15, 2019, in San Antonio. (AP Photo/Darren Abate)SAN ANTONIO— Three weeks after hitting a low point with a “pathetic” performance on Broadway, the Spurs hit a high note against the New York Knicks.LaMarcus Aldridge had 18 points and 11 rebounds, and San Antonio beat the Knicks 109-83 on Friday night to extend its season-best winning streak to seven games.ADVERTISEMENT “It just feels good,” San Antonio forward Rudy Gay said. “Things are clicking. Playing defense. Even when the ball is not going in like we want it to, we’re still getting wins, and that’s how you know we’re getting better as a team.”Gay had 12 points in 19 minutes after missing two games and losing 10 pounds because of the flu.The Spurs dominated defensively, which was in stark contrast to what Popovich deemed a “pathetic performance defensively” in their previous meeting with the Knicks.New York snapped an 18-game skid at home, routing the Spurs 130-118 on Feb. 24 as part of San Antonio’s worst Rodeo Road Trip ever. The Spurs have had a greater sense of urgency since going 1-7 on that road trip and it continued against the team with the league’s worst record (13-66).New York had 16 turnovers and shot 41 percent from the field.ADVERTISEMENT “It’s more of a focus and them understanding that when we play good defense, we’re a darn good team,” Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said.DeMar DeRozan and Bryn Forbes each added 13 points for the Spurs, whose previous season high was five straight victories.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSPalace wants Cayetano’s PHISGOC Foundation probed over corruption chargesSPORTSSingapore latest to raise issue on SEA Games food, logisticsNew York, which was without injured point guard Dennis Smith Jr., lost its eighth straight. Damyean Dotson had 21 points and DeAndre Jordan added 11 points, 13 rebounds and matched a career high with nine assists.The Spurs hold the league’s longest active winning streak and have won nine straight and 16 of 18 at the AT&T Center. MOST READ Spurs: San Antonio is 24-1 at home this season when leading after the third quarter. The Spurs led 82-69 entering the fourth. … DeRozan has 1,380 points this season, surpassing Dale Ellis (1,366) for third-highest total among non-rookies in their first season with the Spurs. Terry Cummings sits atop the list with 1,818 points followed by Artis Gilmore’s 1,479. … Forbes has 143 3-pointers this season after going 3 for 5 against the Knicks. He has the most 3-pointers in a season of any undrafted player in Spurs history.SAVE THE BATSWith bats buzzing the court at the AT&T Center recently during Spurs games, Fizdale was asked before the game what he would do if he saw one.“I like animals, I’m an animal lover,” Fizdale said. “Hopefully we can catch it and let it go where it needs to go.”The Spurs’ mascot, The Coyote, has emerged in three games in a Batman costume attempting to corral the winged mammals with a hand-held net. The Coyote successfully captured a bat on Feb. 2 during the team’s game against New Orleans. Fizdale said he would want a net, too, if a bat emerged.“Yeah, I mean we don’t want to hurt it,” Fizdale said. “It’s just a little bat. Our guys will probably freak out.”Fortunately for the Knicks, no bats were sighted.UP NEXTKnicks: Host L.A. Lakers on Sunday night.Spurs: Host Portland on Saturday night. Colombia protesters vow new strike after talks hit snag Wintry storm delivers US travel woes before Thanksgiving Miguel Romero Polo: Bamboo technology like no other Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games PLAY LIST 02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. “When we beat them at our place, we limited our mistakes, our turnovers and stuff like that,” Knicks forward Kevin Knox said. “So, they came in with a little bit of a chip and we just didn’t respond.”San Antonio opened an 11-point lead in the first quarter Friday and maintained that double-digit advantage for much of the game.The Spurs had 48 points in the paint behind the starting tandem of Aldridge and Jakob Poeltl.Aldridge had 10 points and seven rebounds and closed with his 25th double-double of the season.“(Having Poeltl start at center) kind of frees me up to float a little bit and kind of find my shot in different ways,” Aldridge said. “I’m spacing the floor a little bit more. I’m not the focal point as the pick-and-roll guy all the time, so it kind of changes it up for me. He’s been active.”Poeltl had 12 points, nine rebounds and matched a career high with five blocks.Trailing 76-67, New York had an opportunity to pull closer but Kadeem Allen missed a contested layup as Aldridge raced back on defense following a turnover. Gay followed with a 3-pointer to extend the Spurs’ lead to 79-67.“We just had too many guys making too many mistakes and you can’t play with holes in the dam when the Spurs have you going like that,” New York coach David Fizdale said.TIP-INSKnicks: Smith missed the game with a sore lower back. Fizdale said the team is unsure how the injury occurred, but Smith is day-to-day. “His back just kind of went out on him,” Fizdale said. “He had a couple of collisions there during the last game (Tuesday against Indiana).” … New York is 7-30 away from home, which is one more road win than Cleveland, Phoenix and Dallas. . Mitchell Robinson blocked two shots, extending his streak of consecutive games with a block to 26. Among Knicks rookies, only Patrick Ewing’s 28 straight games with a block is longer in franchise history. … The Knicks’ previous win in San Antonio was Jan. 2, 2014, behind a double-double from Carmelo Anthony. . Forward Noah Vonleh did not return after injuring his right ankle in the first half. Fizdale said Vonleh will undergo an X-ray when the team returns to New York. LATEST STORIES
MOST READ Romeo a champ, finally Ethel Booba twits Mocha over 2 toilets in one cubicle at SEA Games venue LATEST STORIES Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Private companies step in to help SEA Games hosting St. Benilde struggled with JRU’s press, indeed, and turned the ball over 36 times but fortunately for the Blazers, the Bombers collected just 13 points from those errors.Yankie Haruna was the sole Blazer in double digits as he scored 19 points.CSB ended a two-game slide to go to 1-2 while JRU, under new head coach Louie Gonzales, fell to 0-2.In the high school division, National University survived a furious battle with La Salle Greenhills to prevail, 86-82.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next View comments Down 48-61 after a triple from Letran’s Fran Yu, the Pirates turned to twins JC and JV Marcelino to shred the Knights’ defense and spearhead a 9-0 run that trimmed the deficit to four.Nzeusseu finished with 20 points and 10 boards as Lyceum climbed to the Group B lead. Raymar Caduyac and JC Marcelino each added 18 while Jayson David chipped in 11.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSPalace wants Cayetano’s PHISGOC Foundation probed over corruption chargesSPORTSSingapore latest to raise issue on SEA Games food, logisticsAllen Mina’s 30 points went down the drain for Letran. Mina also had six triples as he helped the Knights control the match early.Yu and Tommy Olivario added 15 and 10 points respectively. Duterte wants probe of SEA Games mess ‘Rebel attack’ no cause for concern-PNP, AFP DA eyes importing ‘galunggong’ anew Two-day strike in Bicol fails to cripple transport Cayetano: Senate, Drilon to be blamed for SEA Games mess PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games PLAY LIST 02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss In another seniors match, the College of St. Benilde Blazers blasted the pesky Jose Rizal University Heavy Bombers, 79-56, for their first win in three matches.The Blazers built leads of as many as 20 after a 20-6 start but the Bombers seemed to find a way to crawl back, with guard MJ dela Virgen knocking down a turnaround jumper that trimmed the lead to 55-50.But back-to-back boo-boos by the Bombers blunted their momentum and the Blazers went to Unique Naboa and Yankie Haruna for a 14-2 blast that opened up a 69-55 gap.“Their press gave us some problems and that is something we have to address especially when the NCAA season opens,” coach TY Tang said. “Luckily, our outside shots started falling for us.”“I hope that Unique will find the consistency come the NCAA season,” added Tang of his third-year point guard who grew up in New Zealand.ADVERTISEMENT Lyceum rallied from 13 points down to keep its slate clean and hand Letran their first defeat, 101-95, in the the Filoil Flying V Preseason Cup at Filoil Flying V Centre on Friday.A couple of put-backs, one each from big man Mike Nzeusseu and guard JC Marcelino gave the Pirates a pivotal 96-93 lead in the stretch that greased Lyceum’s path to a 3-0 record.ADVERTISEMENT Catholic schools seek legislated pay hike, too
Aleksandr Golovin, one of the heroes of Russia successful World Cup 2018 campaign, joined Monaco from CSKA Moscow on Friday, the club announced.French media reported Monaco paid around 30 million euros ($35 million) for the 22-year-old, who played an influential role as Russia reached the World Cup quarter-finals on home soil.The versatile midfielder contributed a goal and two assists as the home team beat Saudi Arabia, Egypt and Spain before losing to Croatia on penalties in the last eight.”He is a talented young player, very prominent during the World Cup, but we have been following him for a long time,” Monaco vice president and chief executive Vadim Vasilyev said in a statement.AS Monaco are delighted to announce the arrival of Aleksandr Golovin from @pfc_cska on a 5-year deal until June 2023!#WelcomeToMonaco pic.twitter.com/Aoq1oAXbr0AS Monaco EN (@AS_Monaco_EN) July 27, 2018″He already has solid experience in the Russian first division and internationally.”Despite the competition of very large European clubs, Aleksandr has chosen the sporting project of AS Monaco, which will offer him the best conditions to continue his progress.”In his three seasons with CSKA, Golovin played 113 matches, including 23 appearances in the Champions League and Europa League. He won the Russian league title once in 2016.Golovin was linked by British media with both Chelsea and Arsenal in the close season window but the player chose the French club to begin a new chapter in a promising career.”This is a new adventure for me that I approach with a lot of ambitions,” Golovin said. “I am now very much looking forward to meeting the staff and my new team mates and to get going.”advertisementGolovin will boost Monaco’s midfield options after they sold Joao Moutinho and Thomas Lemar to Wolverhampton Wanderers and Atletico Madrid, respectively.(With Reuters inputs)