Bill Signing, Press Release, Public Health Harrisburg, PA – Today, Governor Wolf ceremoniously signed SB 609, sponsored by Senator Bob Mensch. This bill creates greater public awareness of measures available to detect, diagnose and treat prostate cancer and related chronic prostate conditions.“As many of you know, earlier this week I underwent an outpatient procedure to treat my prostate cancer. My case was diagnosed early,” said Governor Tom Wolf. “Fortunately, that early detection allowed me to have the opportunity to make decisions and schedule an effective treatment. My case was diagnosed as a result of a routine checkup, which is why SB 609 is an extremely important bill”The legislation directs the Department of Health to establish a 19-member task force on prostate cancer and related chronic prostate conditions to investigate and make recommendations. It creates greater public awareness of the measures available to detect, diagnose and treat prostate cancer and related chronic prostate conditions and directs the Department of Health to establish a 19-member task force on prostate cancer and related chronic prostate conditions to investigate and make recommendationsIt will help medical professionals, insurers, patients, governmental agencies, and patients have accurate knowledge about screening, diagnosis and treatment options for prostate cancer.“Legislation that I sponsored, now Act 66 of November 2015, established a Prostate Cancer Task Force with the purpose of investigating, raising awareness and making recommendations concerning prostate cancer and prostate cancer related conditions,” said Senator Mensch. “The findings of this task force will be invaluable to the health of all men and can be a model for other states. We need to take these recommendations from the task force and act on them to further help those suffering with this terrible disease.”“I am very thankful that my doctors caught my cancer quickly and have worked with me to plan a treatment schedule that will address my medical issues while serving the people of Pennsylvania,” said Governor Wolf. “I want to encourage everyone in Pennsylvania to make sure they schedule regular checkups with their doctors and are aware of screening guidelines so early detection and treatment can be possible.”The following are current members of the task force:Sharon Sowers, Plan and Policy Development Section Chief; Pennsylvania Department of HealthPeter Speaks, Deputy Secretary for Regulatory Programs; Department of StateDavid Bruno, Consumer Liaison; Pennsylvania Insurance DepartmentDavid Galinsky, Chief Medical Officer; Pennsylvania Department of AgingBarry Wingard. MD, Medical Director; Office of Medical Assistance ProgramsAngelo A Baccala Jr., MD, Chief, Division of Urology; LVPG Urology, Lehigh Valley Health NetworkBenjamin Davies, MD, Associate Professor of Urology; University of Pittsburgh, School of MedicineEric Horwitz, MD, Chair, Radiation Oncology Department; Fox Chase Cancer CenterChristopher Peters, MD, Partner of Raditation Med. Associates of Scranton (RAMAS), Medical Director of NE Raditation Oncology Center, Chair of Department of Radiation Oncology, Chair of Cancer Committee Board of Directors; Northeast Radiation Oncology Center-DunmoreCharnita Ziegler-Johnson, PhD, MPH, Asst. Professor, Thomas Jefferson UniversityTheda Shaw, RN, MSN, Genitourinary Program Coordinator, Penn State Hershey Cancer InstituteJames Williams, Col. (Ret.), Chairman, PA Prostate Cancer CoalitionJerry Bortman, Survivor AdvocateAlan Schein, MD, Family member of Prostate Cancer patient Governor Wolf Signs Bill Aimed at Increasing Public Awareness of Prostate Cancer Like Governor Tom Wolf on Facebook: Facebook.com/GovernorWolf June 16, 2016 SHARE Email Facebook Twitter
Chandigarh: A kabaddi team from Pakistan is yet to get the green signal from the Indian government to participate in the International Kabaddi Tournament being organized by the Punjab government to mark the 550th birth anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev from December 1, a state minister said on Friday.Nine countries are participating in the tournament that will last till December 10.Punjab Sports and Youth Services Minister Rana Gurmit Singh Sodhi said over 160 players are participating and the Australian team has already reached India. The other teams are from Canada, England, Kenya, New Zealand, Sri Lanka and the US, besides the host India.Sodhi told IANS that the Canadian team has got the no-objection certificate (NOC) from the union government while the approval for the Pakistan team is still awaited and hopefully it will be given soon.“Even the Chief Minister will speak to the Central government with regard to allow Pakistan to participate,” he added.The minister said the winning team would be given a cash prize of Rs 25 lakh, while the runners-up and the team clinching the third position would get Rs 15 lakh and Rs 10 lakh, respectively.Sodhi said the opening ceremony will be held at Guru Nanak Stadium in Sultanpur Lodhi in Kapurthala district on Sunday while the closing ceremony will take place at Dera Baba Nanak in Gurdaspur district on December 10.Chief Minister Amarinder Singh would be the chief guest at the closing ceremony and will distribute the prizes. IANSAlso Read: Rs 8 cr Pro Kabaddi League prize money for season 7Also Watch: Two weeks national workshop on research methodology at Bodoland University concluded
“What we lived last Wednesday in terms of emotion, or just simple life, was incredible. We are fortunate, lucky to live it. More than 65,000 people enjoying the most exciting moment, and then in one secon d everybody is devastated.“It was incredible how well we played. But it’s football, it’s life. What’s important is how you behave. You have to fight and it was incredible the way we reacted after going 2-1 down. We had to score three goals and we did that.“We scored another but it was offside by inches. We have to live with these kinds of situations and accept it. Inside it hurts and it’ll be in our minds but looking back is not going to help us to move forward.“It was a tough night but the day after we stand up and move forward. These players have another opportunity to show they’re able to do that.”City were knocked out of the Champions League at the last-16 stage during Guardiola’s first season at the club before a quarter-final defeat to Liverpool ended their campaign 12 months ago.Guardiola believes his players were unlucky to be defeated by Tottenham, but said: “These guys will get back what they deserve.“I don’t know if it will be this season, next season or in three or four years. One day maybe we’ll be in the same position and be more fortunate, more precise to reach the next stage.”Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Pep Guardiola has admitted Manchester City’s dramatic Champions League defeat to Tottenham will “hurt” for some time.City exited at the quarter-final stage on away goals to their Premier League rivals and had a stoppage-time winner scored by Raheem Sterling ruled out by VAR due to offside. Guardiola’s side will take on Spurs once again today, but he admits their defeat against the same opponents on Wednesday will still be in their minds.He said: “You believe it doesn’t hurt or I’ve forgotten it? I would say no. I don’t want the players to forget what they live. It will take time but they have to live with that. They have to play and want to compete with that feeling.