Two St. Lucians and one Dominican remanded on drug charges

first_imgLocalNews Two St. Lucians and one Dominican remanded on drug charges by: – June 28, 2012 Share Sharing is caring! Share Sharecenter_img Lucian, Sheldon “Africa” JosephTwo St Lucians and one Dominican are on remand after being been jointly charged in relation to a drug bust which occurred at Toucarie Bay on Monday June 25th, 2012.On Thursday Shawn Earl Willie and Sheldon Joseph of St. Lucia and Allick Francis Simon of Cottage were charged with possession of Cannabis, possession of 681,908 grams of cannabis with intent to supply, importation of 681,908 grams of cannabis and conspiracy to import 681,908 grams of cannabis.The men were not allowed to enter a plea on the charge of conspiracy to import cannabis since the offence is an indictable offence.All three men pleaded not guilty to the three other charges.Kondwani Williams who represents Joseph and Willie did not make an application for bail, indicating that he was giving the police ample time to carry out their investigations.Dominican, Allick Francis Simon AKA CongoWilliams however requested that disclosure be made available as soon as possible in light that his clients are non-national. Police prosecutor Michael Laurent objected to bail for Dominican national on the grounds that investigations into the matter are ongoing.He explained that there are other charges which may be instituted by customs and police, and that the quantum of the drugs should be considered.St. Lucian, Shawn Earl Willie Laudat further stated that Simon posed a potential flight risk; since he had “allegedly” unlawfully exited and entered the island without proper documentation.“By him being in and out through the back door it poses a risk that he might leave again”, Laurent told the court.Attorney William Para Riviere who represents Simon informed the court that his client had “no” prior convictions and while it is true the offences are “severe” those were not “valid reasons” to believe his client would “flee” the jurisdiction.Riviere was unable to convince magistrate Ossie Lewis who presided over the matter.“Bail is denied categorically at this juncture,” magistrate Lewis ruled.Dominica Vibes News 494 Views   6 comments Tweetlast_img read more

Allardyce Appointed Palace Manager

first_img“I have to sort those difficulties out, hopefully with my experience, and try to get a few more results on the board, particularly over Christmas and New Year, to make everybody feel more comfortable.”The former Bolton, Blackburn, Newcastle and West Ham boss saved Sunderland from relegation last season despite them being second from bottom when he joined.After dismissing Pardew on Thursday, Parish said his “expansive style of football hasn’t worked” and told BBC Sport the club would now “wind the dial back the other way”.Parish, who co-owns the club with American investors Josh Harris and David Blitzer, said relegation is “so costly” that a change was needed.“The club itself seems to be very ambitious, certainly the chairman,” said Allardyce. “The owners seem to taking the club forward in the right direction. I like the look of the squad.“That’s probably the reason that I am here because I feel that the club could go forward from here and, hopefully, I can help it go forward.”Caretaker manager Keith Millen took Friday’s news conference and told the media that Allardyce would “sort the players out”.Pardew, 55, a former Palace player, was sacked after a miserable 2016 in which his side took just 26 points from the 36 Premier League matches they have played – and are only one point above the relegation zone.The club’s points-per-game tally of 0.72 in 2016 was their second worst in a calendar year – and their form for the year is the worst of all 92 Premier League and EFL clubs.This time last year, Palace were fifth in the Premier League table. However, a 14-game winless run into April resulted in them finishing 15th.Pardew led Palace to the FA Cup final for only the second time in their history, where they lost 2-1 to Manchester United at Wembley.This season, the Eagles are the sixth highest scorers in the top flight but are third in the list of teams who have conceded the most goals.“The strengthening in that [attacking] area by Alan and the club this summer has brought a lot of flair to the team and I think that has brought a few more goals,” said Allardyce.“But the other side is that when we aren’t in possession we have just got to stop conceding goals and make sure the goals that we score win us games. It sounds simple but it’s not that easy – that’s what we have got to try to turn around.”With the January transfer window coming up, Allardyce is also planning to try to add “a little bit more strength in depth”.“The players here are good enough but, if we can add to that, let’s try to do it,” he added.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Crystal Palace have appointed former England boss Sam Allardyce as manager on a two-and-a-half-year deal, a day after sacking Alan Pardew. Pardew was sacked on Thursday with the club 17th in the Premier League after a run of one win in 11 games.Chairman Steve Parish said the club was “fortunate that someone of Sam’s calibre and experience was available”.Allardyce has been out of work since losing the England job after 67 days, in the wake of a newspaper sting.“You generally get a new job because there are difficulties at a club,” Allardyce told Crystal Palace’s website.last_img read more